The student news site of Antioch Community High School.

Sequoit Media

The student news site of Antioch Community High School.

Sequoit Media

The student news site of Antioch Community High School.

Sequoit Media

Returning to school after a day off is often accompanied by stress for students.

The impact of mental health days

As finals approach, attending school becomes more detrimental. While there are positives and negatives to taking a day off, many people struggle with comparing the pros and cons to find out if a mental health day will be beneficial.
Aaliyah Lizak, Lifestyles Digital Director
November 18, 2021
Read Story

The importance of mental health in sports today

When it comes to high school students balancing school, mental health and sports, when is it too much?
Peyton Lyndon, Tom Tom Staff
October 28, 2021
Read Story
Trying to do homework can be a constant battle, Guerra said.

All for the letter A

While focusing on academics can increasingly establish a bright future, it could also possibly sabotage the present moment.
Chloe Barbarise, Editor In Chief
October 4, 2021
Read Story
While some believe that the moon is only responsible for moving the oceans tides, others believe that it has the ability to affect humans health and emotional state.

The magic of the moon

The Moon isn't only something that comes up after the sun has set; it can affect people’s physical and mental health.
Grace Semple, Tom Tom Staff
May 20, 2021
Read Story
Many people use psychedelic drugs to hallucinate and have fun, but might not realize all the potential effects they could have on their mental and physical health.

A Look Into Mental Health and Psychedelic Drug Use

With an increased push to decriminalize drugs such as LSD (Acid), psilocybin mushrooms and other psychedelics and hallucinogens, many may be curious as to how that may impact mental and physical health.
Julia Galway, Tom Tom Staff
March 3, 2021
Read Story
Shedding light on mental health brings awareness to those living with mental or health behvaioral issues. #BreakTheStigma.


The normal life of someone with mental illness.
Kara Galarneau, Tom Tom Staff
December 2, 2020
Read Story
Social media has many different uses than one might think. It has the opportunity to educate people- whether that information is false or not- or change their perception of reality or even themselves.

The Real World of Social Media

Due to social media being a large part of our generations, we can look at how much it has changed our mental health and the reality behind the screen.
Grace Semple, Tom Tom Staff
October 7, 2020
Read Story
Getting up early can be a challenging task for some individuals. In an interview done by they interviewed Dr. Richard Coleman who studies chronobiology which is a field of biology that focuses on timing process within living organisms. He has done a large amount of work pertaining to night work schedules and devolving shifts. Only about 10 percent of the population are extreme owls or extreme larks/early birds, said Most other sources state that intermediates account for 80% of the population and night owls and early birds account for the remaining 20%.

Early Bird Gets the Worm

Waking up early can be a difficult task for many students, but it comes with many advantages that can benefit them in the long run.
Kourtni Weldon, Lifestyles Writing Editor
September 2, 2020
Read Story
Teenagers are often stressed throughout their academic career. Without beneficial ways to cope and heal, their mental health and awareness may drop.

Causes of the Changes in Teenagers Mental Health

Teenagers have many stressors in life that can affect their mental state.
Avery Krizanovic, Tom Tom Staff
February 14, 2020
Read Story
Load More Stories

Comments (0)

We encourage constructive and meaningful discussions while maintaining a safe and welcoming environment. Comments should be relevant to the topic at hand and avoid personal attacks or derogatory language. Our team moderates the comments to ensure compliance with our policy and reserves the right to remove any content that violates these guidelines. We value open dialogue and diverse perspectives, and aim to foster a positive online experience for all users.
All Sequoit Media Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest